Tuesday, January 25, 2011

But, I totally get it.




She says, "why would that moron spend that kind of money on a bag?  Clearly she needs a therapist".  Get real, you know you want one.  The Birkin Bag is iconic.  It's an UES NY mom's claim to fame.  She rocks it with her lululemon stretchies and her Searle Puffer on her way back from soul cycle at 8am and she knows she looks good.  It's a downtown betty's only "traditional" piece, just because... duh, it's a birkin.  She sports her Daryl K leather leggings and a rockin Haute Hippe fur vest and she smiles because she knows she's killing it. 

With a price tag ranging from $5,300- $50,000 it ain't happening for me.  So... Here's what I'm thinking the Mulberry Bayswater Bag, $950  (which I rationalize would be $5/day if I wear it 4x week...  So I forgo my daily, skinny caramel late.  Obvi, it's worth it).  I know it's been out for a while, but it's a new take on a classic and I can wear it for years.  Thoughts...