Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Classic.





I'm not going to lie, I love my watch.  It was a gift from my generous parents a few Christmas's back.  I constantly get complimented on it & I know why- it's beautifully made, has a classic, but still cool style & the cognac leather is gorgeous.
Unfortunately, like most Hermes items, at $2100, it's a rent buster.  Something I definitely would not be buying myself anytime soon.  On the bus this morning I spotted a girl with what looked to be the same watch.  It was basically identical, but it had a red spot above the 12.  At this point I was full on stalking the girl and she was getting weirded out, so I had to look away before I got a perfect glance.  I completely forgot about it until just now.  It dawned on me that my friend, Kim P, said the watch brand Michele came out with a similar piece.  Upon closer inspection the similarity is absurd and at $395- you can't beat it.
xx